Elon Musk last week offered to buy all 100 percent of Twitter’s shares and turn it into a private company for $ 54.20 a share.
The world’s richest man, Elon Musk, has set aside 46.5 billion to buy social media company Twitter. Elon Musk, owner of companies such as Tesla and SpaceX, said on Thursday that he was trying to strike a deal with Twitter. We tell you that Musk last week offered to buy all 100 percent of Twitter’s shares and turn it into a private company for শেয়ার 54.20 per share. The whole deal comes to about 43 43 billion.
Owns .5 33.5 billion
Elon Musk says he has invested about 33 33.5 billion in the $ 46.5 billion fund on his behalf. This includes $ 21 billion in shares and $ 12.5 billion in margin loans. At the same time, several banks, including Morgan Stanley, have agreed to pay the remaining $ 13 billion.
Kasturi is thinking of bringing a tender proposal
Elon Musk said in a notice sent to the U.S. Stock Exchange that he was considering a tender offer to buy all of Twitter’s shares for $ 54.20 in cash. Through the tender offer, Twitter shareholders will be offered to sell their shares.
Read more- The market was in a bullish mood for the second day in a row, Sensex ran 874 points, find out how it will go tomorrow
Already bought 9.2% shares
Elon Musk bought a 9.2 percent stake in Twitter last month and now wants to buy the remaining 90.8 percent of the company. Musk will submit his tender offer directly to shareholders without placing it on Twitter’s board. However, he has not yet decided whether to do so or not.
Twitter did not respond to a request for a mask
Twitter has not yet responded to Mask’s offer, according to a notice sent to the stock exchange. Meanwhile, Twitter’s board of directors last week adopted a policy that could offset Musk’s efforts to buy the company. This policy is known as ‘poison pill’ in the corporate world.
What is a ‘poison pill’?
In the business world, the ‘poison pill’ is an emergency measure that companies have been using for years to protect themselves from unwanted people. The ‘poison pill’ can be planned in many ways. However, everyone’s goal is to stop the acquisition process by force. Under this, the company develops a shareholder rights plan, through which lots of shares of the company are issued in the market. As the number of shares increased the acquisition of the company became very costly and the company managed to defend itself.