The Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has advised its customers to make e-nominations before 31st December. If you do not do this you may lose 6 lakh rupees. For this you only need to fill a form, then you can take advantage. Let’s not know the whole process.
Apart from pension, there are also life insurance benefits
In addition to PF and pension, Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) offers life insurance benefits to its members, under which you will get a benefit of Rs 7 lakh. The special thing is that customers will get this facility for free. No contribution is required for this.
Read more- Open this special account in wife’s name today, you will get Rs 44,793 per month; I know the way
EPFO also tweeted
EPFO tweeted this information on their official Twitter handle. EPFO wrote in a tweet that all EPF customers are covered under the Employees Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme, 1976 (EDLI). Under the EDLI scheme, free insurance cover of up to Rs 7 lakh is available on each EPF account. Explain that if a member dies without a nomination, it becomes difficult to process the claim. Let us know how you can fill out the nomination details online.
Benefits are available under EDLI
We would like to inform you that all EPF customers are entitled to full Rs. 7 lakhs as free insurance in all EPF accounts under Employees Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme, 1976 (EDLI).
Read more- Will central workers get arrears up to Rs 144,200? Learn the latest updates on outstanding DA arrears
This is how e-nomination can be done
1. You must first go to the official website of EPFO https://www.epfindia.gov.in/.
2. Here you must first click on the ‘Services’ option.
3. After that you have to click on ‘For Employees’ here.
4. Now click on ‘Member UAN / Online Service (OCS / OTCP)’.
5. Now log in with UAN and password.
6. Then select ‘E-Nomination’ in the ‘Manage’ tab.
7. After the ‘Provide Details’ tab appears on the screen, click on ‘Save’.
8. Click ‘Yes’ to update the family announcement.
9. Now click on ‘Add Family Details’. Multiple nominees can also be added.
10. Click on ‘Nomination Details’ to announce how much money will come in the shares of any nominee. ‘Save’ after entering details
11. Click on ‘EPF Nomination’.
13. Click ‘E-Sign’ to create OTP. OTP will be sent to the mobile number linked to Aadhaar.
14. Type OTP at the specified location and click Submit.
Click here to read other business related news