The government has fixed June 30 as the last date for this. If you do not link your Aadhaar with PAN before the due date (pan aadhaar link last date), then for this you will have to pay a fine of Rs 1,000.
New Delhi: It is mandatory to link PAN card with Aadhar by June 30 (PAN-Aadhar Link). If you have not linked PAN with Aadhaar till now, then do it before 30th June or else you will have to pay a fine of Rs 1000. This rule has happened because of section 234H (added in the Income Tax Act 1961). The government has passed it under the Finance Bill 2021 passed in the Lok Sabha on 23 March.
Government gave date line
The government has fixed June 30 as the last date for this. If you do not link your Aadhaar with PAN before the due date (Pan Aadhaar Link Last Date), then for this you will have to pay a fine of Rs 1,000. So today here we are telling you how you can link Aadhaar with PAN (Pan-Aadhaar Link Status). Not only this, if a person does not link his PAN with Aadhaar by the last date, then his PAN will be deactivated.
Also read- The wait is over! FASTag system started on Yamuna Expressway from today, know these important terms and conditions
Will not be able to do financial transactions
If your PAN becomes inactive then you will not be able to do financial transactions. Wherever PAN is needed, you will not be able to use it. This will affect all types of banking transactions, mutual fund, demat account opening, new bank account opening. In this easy way you can link your PAN card.
How to do PAN Card Aadhaar Card Link
1. If you have linked your PAN card with Aadhaar, then you can check your status.
2. First of all you go to the official website of Income Tax Department www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in Now the new website https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal.
3. Click on the option of ‘Link Aadhaar’ at the bottom here.
4. Click on ‘Click here’ to view your status.
5. Now here you fill your Aadhaar and PAN card details.
6. If your PAN card is already linked to Aadhar card, then you will see your PAN is linked to Aadhaar Number written.
7. But if your Aadhar card and PAN card have not been linked then you can click on this link https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home.
8. Now you click on Link Aadhaar.
9. Now you fill your details here.
10. After this your PAN card will be linked with Aadhar card.
send message link
To use the SMS service, Aadhaar can be linked with PAN card by sending a message to 567678 or 56161.
Click here to read other business related news