Delhi building collapses: Two people were killed and four others were injured when a three-storey house collapsed in the Satya Niketan area of the capital Delhi. The house was in a dilapidated condition with repairs underway. However, local corporation councilor Manish Agarwal claimed that any construction on the house was prohibited and a notice was pasted by the MCD in this regard, which was also passed on to the local police.
Nevertheless, the work continues and as a result, the accident happened today. The people trapped in the rubble of the building collapse were all working here. Police say the matter is being investigated and an FIR will be lodged. In this case legal action will be taken against the landlord or contractor if found negligent.
What’s the matter?
DCP South West Manoj C said a PCR call came in at 1:25 pm today stating that the 3-storey building at Satya Niketan No. 173 had collapsed. After receiving the PCR call, the rescue team of Delhi Police as well as Fire, NDRF and other agencies reached the spot.
Six people were rescued from the rubble and taken to hospital for treatment. Two of the six were killed and four were injured. He is undergoing treatment. Police say the investigation has so far revealed that the house was undergoing renovations. The case is currently under investigation.
Renovation work was underway on a dilapidated building
The house that collapsed in Satya Niketan is said to be in dilapidated condition. Local corporation councilor Manish Agarwal said the MCD had pasted a notice on the house on March 31.
Where it was declared dangerous and ordered to evacuate the house. Although the house was vacant, renovation work was going on there. That work also stopped and the matter was also reported to the police. However, the accident happened today as the work was not stopped.
After a three-and-a-half hour effort, the workers trapped in the rubble were evacuated
Workers trapped in a house collapse at Satya Niketan were rescued from the rubble after a three-and-a-half-hour effort. To get all this out, holes were made in two places with a drill machine on the fallen lens and then a large path was made and all the workers were pulled out from there. Teams from the Delhi Fire Service and NDRF played a vital role in this.
Accident during lunch
Police and NDRF officials said all the workers were present at the same place and were crushed under the rubble on top of each other. Because the accident happened around half past noon and then it was time for lunch. Presumably, everyone was sitting together eating lunch in the kitchen when suddenly the accident happened.
AAP and BJP accuse each other
Aam Aadmi Party MLA Pramila Tokas reached the spot and complained that the building had collapsed, a relative of former BJP MLA Anil Sharma and that was why the construction was not stopped.
At the same time, Anil Sharma said, all the allegations brought against me are wrong and baseless. This building does not belong to me or any of my relatives. I also checked on my cousin Bobby. I am consulting with my lawyers to file a defamation suit against Premila Tokas.
The names of the patients injured in this accident are given below.
- Injured Mohammad Firdaus
- Alam (18) was injured
- Bilal, 40, died
- Sarfaraz (25) was injured
- Nasim (35) is dead
- Musahid (19) was injured
At the same time, expressing grief over the incident, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal tweeted that the incident was very sad. The district administration is engaged in relief and rescue work. I myself am taking every information related to the incident.
YouTube channel blocked: Modi government’s whip on 16 YouTube channels spreading propaganda, 6 operated from Pakistan
Karnataka Bible Row: New Controversy in Karnataka Schools, After Hijab, Noise of Bible in Class