In India, vegetarians and non-vegetarians have been the subject of controversy. In the past, there has been a lot of fuss about eating meat on Navratri and some companies have said that the sale and consumption of meat should be banned during this period. In addition, there have been allegations of non-veg against some communities. But if we look at the statistics, the truth seems to be different. According to a recent National Family Health Survey-5, about 90 percent of people in 16 states eat meat, fish or poultry.
Today we are going to give some statistics about eating non-vegetarian food. In which we will look at the statistics of almost every community in India, who are vegetarians and how much meat they eat.
90% of people in 16 states are vegetarians
First, if we talk about government data, the National Family Health Survey says that in 90 states, about 90 percent of the population eats meat, fish, or poultry. At the same time, in four states and union territories, the figure is as high as 75-90 percent. According to the survey, 50 to 75 percent of the people in five states or union territories eat meat. If we talk about the states, West Bengal has the highest number of non-vegetarians at 98.7 percent. At the same time, 97.8% in Tamil Nadu, 78.6% in Assam, 63.2% in Delhi, 55% in Uttar Pradesh and 26.8% in Rajasthan are vegetarians.
Surprising statistics have come up in the survey
Now if we look at the statistics of different communities regarding vegetarian and non-vegetarian food, it is seen that people of all religions except non-Jain community prefer non-vegetarian food. The Pew Research Institute conducted a survey. Where it was said how much non-veg people of any religion eat. The survey found that about 92 per cent of Jains believe they do not eat meat and are completely vegetarian. At the same time, only 8 percent of Muslims said they did not eat meat. Speaking of the Christian community, only 10 percent of the people in this community are vegetarians. According to the survey, 44 per cent of people belonging to different castes belonging to the Hindu community are vegetarians and the remaining 56 per cent belong to the non-vegetarian category.
In many cases people avoid meat
The same study by Pew Research also found that what percentage of people are non-vegetarians, but in many cases avoid vegetarianism. According to the survey, 67 percent of Muslims and 66 percent of Christians avoid meat for any reason. Although it happens on a special day or for some reason. Among Hindus, 44 per cent are vegetarians and 39 per cent are non-vegetarians. This includes many special days and festivals.
There are different beliefs about meat
According to the survey, people of different religions also have different views on meat. Just as most people in the Hindu community do not like to include beef in their non-veg diet, a Pew Research study found that there are 72 percent Hindus who believe that anyone who eats beef is not a Hindu. At the same time, 77 percent of Muslims believe that those who eat pork cannot become Muslims. Just as Hindus believe in eating beef, so do Sikhs, Jains and Buddhists.
Read this too
Russia-Ukraine war: Russian atrocities again in Bucharest, mayor claims, Moscow army kills more than 720 people, more than 200 are missing
JNU Ram Ninth Clash: ‘ABVP’s claim is completely false, withdrawal of JNU administration statement’, find out what Mess-Hostel Committee said