India and China Military Talks Collapse: In the 13th round of military talks, India made many suggestions on disputed issues, but China could not give any suggestions and blamed India itself. India said that the dispute was not resolved due to China’s obstinate stand.
New Delhi: The 13th round of military talks (13th round of India-China Corps Commander Level Meeting) was held between the two countries on Sunday amid the ongoing tension between India and China in eastern Ladakh for more than a year. The military talks between India and China on the border dispute in Maldo lasted for about 8 hours, but no solution could be found in it.
The dispute is not being resolved due to China’s obstinate stand
The Indian Army has alleged that due to China’s obstinate stand, the ongoing border dispute between the two countries is not being resolved. The army has said that China neither took any initiative nor made any proposal to resolve the dispute. India has said that there was an attempt from China to change the Line of Actual Control (LAC), due to which this dispute started.
These issues were discussed between India and China in the meeting
An Indian Army spokesperson said, “The discussions in the India-China Corps Commanders’ meeting were focused on resolving the remaining issues along the LAC in eastern Ladakh. The Indian side raised the issue of unilateral attempts by the Chinese side to change the status quo on the LAC and in violation of bilateral agreements. Therefore, it was necessary that the Chinese side take appropriate steps in the remaining areas so that peace can be restored along the LAC in the western region.
Also read- Threat of blackout deepens in the country? Center said – panic is being spread forcibly on power crisis
Both countries agreed to maintain communication
During the meeting, the Indian side made constructive suggestions to resolve the dispute over the remaining territories, but the Chinese side did not agree and could not make any visionary proposals. Thus the remaining areas were not resolved in the meeting. However, both sides agreed to maintain communication and maintain stability on the ground. “We hope that the Chinese side will take into account the overall perspective of bilateral relations and work towards early resolution of the remaining issues,” the army spokesman said.
China blames India itself
After the 13th round of military talks, China got furious over India’s legitimate demand and blamed China on India through its official media. The Global Times quoted the PLA’s Western Theater Command as saying that India is creating difficulties in negotiations through unreasonable demands.
Also read- Policemen will not get leave till October 18 in UP, ADG banned for this reason
There is tension on the border since this action of China
The border standoff between Indian and Chinese armies started on May 5 last year in eastern Ladakh after violent clashes in the Pangong Lake area. Both sides gradually increased their deployment with thousands of soldiers as well as heavy weapons. As a result of a series of military and diplomatic talks, the two sides completed the disengagement process in the Gogra area last month. In February, the two sides completed the withdrawal of troops and weapons from the northern and southern banks of Pangong Lake in line with an agreement on disengagement. At present, there are about 50 to 60 thousand soldiers from both sides on the LAC in the sensitive area.